Wednesday 30 June 2010

Wednesday World Cup Extra 30th June

Our World Cup challenge this week is inspired by this little fella:


As Zakumi is the World Cup mascot, we'd like to set you the challenge of using Zakumi as your muse when creating a LO. 
Here are just a few ideas to get the creativity rolling: did you have a mascot that saw you through your exams and is still a fixture in your bedroom? How about those photos of a visit to the zoo that you've not scrapped yet? Perhaps you fancy scrapping in yellow and green? Or maybe you fancy using long threads like the lion's mane or spots on your LO?  If you'd like to find out more about Zakumi, he has his own Wikipedia page Wikipedia page and you can check out the FIFA website .

And we have yet more fabulous pages to share with you!  This week the Design Team is joined by the talented Kathleen Glossop who created this page for the challenge:



Kathleen told us: Ummm, so I had a go at the challenge, but I think I may have gone off on a tangent, lol! I don’t “plan” pages so I never know what I’m going to end up with! I started off with the Sassafras Lion and the yellow striped material...  You can view more of Kathleen's work on her blog.

And our World Cup Guest Designer - Sandie Dunne created this wonderful page:
 
This photograph was taken in April of this year at the zoo, where they were having a special children's week with face painting and children's crafts. I have so many zoo pictures and haven't gotten around the scrapping them so this challenge was a perfect excuse.

And Zakumi inspired our Design Team in the following ways:

Tessa



I was inspired by the polka dots and the color scheme.  I even took this picture at a soccer field :).  No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't add any handmade flowers to this layout.  So I made heart embellies and a handmade title instead.  I love my Twinkling H2O's - they're watercolors infused with mica and I LOVE working with them!
 
Rebekah



I decided to try to keep the colours of Zakumi so chose some green and yellow paper with some complementary yellow paper and green flowers. The photos are of our Eurovision party at the end of May. We went all out on the Euro theme and I made desserts from 18 countries in mini form so that people could have all of them if they chose. Tony and I dressed up too :) I chose spotty paper because Zakumi has spots and added a thread below the desserts photo to represent his mane.

Lisa


Colours and spots for me : )
 
Amanda

I used the colours of the mascot to inspire my page, and I think the flower and doiley look a bit like a Lion's mane (come on, squint and tilt your head a bit..!) The flower is one that our Tessa made for me, and I've finally given in and stopped stroking and started using!
 
Anna


They may have painted elephants on parade in London but in Bath we have painted lions! I went to Bath recently and did a bit of lion spotting and managed to spot this guy wearing a England shirt, he's called Wayne Roarney!!! I had to scrap it!

We'd love to see your Zakumi inspired pages, link us up to your LO's using the link below and one lucky scrapper will be chosen to receive a box full of scrapping goodies courtesy of our Design Team :-)

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving all the citrus-y coloured pages - it's making me thirsty! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Love all the layouts. The DT rocked this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE what everyone did! Zakumi is a great color combo :). And I LOVE that flower, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you girls rocked! the pages are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!