Sunday 21 November 2010

Sunday Challenge: 21st November 2010

Have you started (or finished) your Christmas shopping? This week your challenge is to scrapbook about shopping! Maybe you'll scrap your shopping list, pictures of your favourite purchases or journal about how much you detest heading to the supermarket.

Make sure that you add your creations to our link in the side bar to be in with a chance of winning this month's prize and so that we can have a look :) Here are some ideas from our design team to help you along your way...

Amanda:

I decided to focus the page on my love of shopping for pre-loved goods! I enjoy shopping for cute and quirky items at antique shops, markets, charity shops and auctions. I love giving a new home or purpose to things that other people have previously cared for.

I used a mixture of new items like the felt AC flower and crafter's workshop template, alongside vintage goodies such as the old music papaer, pins and floral playing card. This page makes me smile :)

Anna:
I love going shopping at this time of year to see all the Christmas windows full of pretty decorations and gifts and the Christmas lights. Especially when we go into Bath to shop as it's so pretty anyway and all the Christmas decorations make it extra pretty! It really makes you feel full of Christmas cheer!

Lisa:This week I decided to document a way I did my grocery shopping for years. Louis was a very difficult little boy right up until he started school. My way to combat this was through disctraction, keep him busy. So I introduced him to his own shopping lists when we went food shopping. His would have pictures on and he had to look out for these items and put them into the trolley. This really worked and made shopping much easier with him.

Nic:


A page to celebrate my favourite kind of shopping - stash shopping of course *winks* It's become a new tradition to visit the big stamp and scrapbook show at Alexandra Palace so this was the theme for my LO. I made an envelope from kraft cardstock to store my show tickets and receipts.
Tessa:

The only holiday shopping I truly look forward to is our traditional Sisters' Shopping Trip the day after Christmas.  These photos are from last year, when we stopped at Old Navy and posed for pictures with their super cute mannequins.  The employees and other customers thought we were strange, but we had fun!
Val:
supplies: Patterned paper: Basic Grey, Making Memories; letter stickers: Making Memories; chipboard shapes, border sticker: Crate; sticker tab: October Afternoon; stamp: Studio Calico

I used to love it when I was younger (and had more disposable income) but now I detest going to the mall. Especially near the holidays. It's this time of year especially that I rely on the stacks and stacks of mail order catalogs that arrive in my mailbox daily. I know the internet will eventually do away with my 'glossy shopping center,' but for now, I love to sit down with a stack and a cup of coffee and a pad of post-it notes.

Sophie (GDT)
This challenge was a hard one for me! being a mother of two young kids and living in a very small town I don't get many occasions to shop ! so when I do , I get things that really please me ! that is what my layout is about! shopping for the sake of my soul!!




papers: basic grey and jenny bowlin studio
embellishments american crafts and pink paislee
and lots of clothes tags!!

2 comments:

  1. wow ladies!! you rocked that challenge!! fab layouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work everyone & Sophie - love your page!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!