Sunday 18 January 2015

18th January - Clear up

Today is a simple challenge, as its the new year we want you to do a bit of clearing up! Whats sat on your desk? Are there photos, papers or bits and pieces that have been sat there for ages waiting to be scrapped but you never seem to get around to using them? Now is your chance to use them and clear your desk!


Anna:
I've had this photo of one of my nephews printed out for ages and hadn't done anything with it, until now! My nephew doesn't stuck his thumb like most other children, but his two middle fingers! I'm glad I've scrapped it as its a great story to go into my nephews scrapbook.


HeeSun Kim:

Did you get ditched or something?Broken hearts will heal naturally with the passing of time. I erased you that lodged deep in my heart. I had to clean my heart.
Gone, flitted away
Taken the stars from the night and the sun.
From the day!
Gone, and a cloud in my heart. 
- Alfred Tennyson -




Hilde:

I have had this photo of my oldest son (15) on my desk since July (!). It's taken on a boat trip/mini cruise, when he and his brother fought & were bored almost all the time (the is a story about WHY, but I'll leave that for another time). They finally desiced they could buy themselves a set of lego each to kill time and keep peace - luckily you're never too old for lego :-)


Jinny:
This challenge was a bit of a toughie for me, because I'm always clearing my desk.  I have had my final December Jenni Bowlin Papercrafting Kit, which was filled with lots of pretty papers from Elle's studio, sitting on my desk for a few weeks, though.  So, that is where I found inspiration for today's page.  I also used up a few seasonal goodies that have been lingering around my workspace since last Christmas in combination with some things that just arrived.

Kat:
I have had a pretty Cocoa Daisy kit sitting on my desk for awhile now.  I think that everything in the kit is so pretty, but it's just not in keeping with my normal style, so I hadn't used it...until this challenge.  With the help of this layout as a starting point, I was able to create this...a layout that's not totally my style, but one that I definitely love.

Sindi:
I have been staring at this orange chevron paper for months. I love the paper, but just couldn't decide what colors to put with that orange. I decided to add some pale blue and a bit of green. I think I may need to force myself to do a challenge like this more often!


Tessa: 
I have had the January Scrapbook Circle kit on my desk for weeks, just waiting to be enjoyed. I finally pulled it out, along with a photo that I had printed months and months ago of my little girl. To go even further with the challenge, I included some tissue paper (the gold and white stripe) that was on my desk because I am currently making tissue paper tassels for her first birthday party. I think I need this challenge at least quarterly!

You have until 1st February to join in with January's challenges, we would love to see what you have laying on your desk waiting to be scrapped!

If you would like to be a part of this great team of designers, don't miss our new Design Team Call coming up in the next few days!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea for a challenge! I have always lots of bits and pieces lying on my desk. This is definitely my chance to clear it up.
    Outi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!