Sunday 25 September 2016

25th Sept- Watercolours

Today's challenge is....
Watercolours- we want you to use watercolours on your layouts; we would love to see you get the paints out but if you can't do that you can use watercolour papers instead.

Ewelina
Watercolours - one of the vital products I use in my layouts. I was so happy to see them as the main theme for the September challenge. For this page, I used more paint than usually: white, dirty pink and bright pink; I mixed and layered and sprinkled. So much fun!!! If you'd like to see the whole process, I have a video tutorial on my YouTube channel.



Jinny
My hubby surprised me with a set of Kuretake's Gansai Tambi Watercolors last fall, and I haven't been able to put them down since.  I love them so!  The soft colors, that I used for my background wash here, show up much better in real life.  I also added them to those bitty stamped flowers for a little more interest with the perfect color match.  I had so many beautiful pics of this special day for my daughter, that I couldn't possibly even get them into a two-pager.  My pocket pages came to the rescue for the overflow.


Rachel
The use of water colour paints or water colour effects are right on trend in scrapbooking right now and I love the amazing array of different effects you can create. I look forward to seeing your 'water colour' layouts.



Susanne

I thought a soft watercolor background would be a splendid canvas on which to show a photo of the first colors of fall.  I kept most of my elements pale and neutral, except for a couple of punches of pink. 


I hope that's inspired you to get your paints out! If you do use watercolours we would love to see your layouts, please link them up in the side bar.
Happy Scrapping!

2 comments:

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!