Sunday 1 January 2017

1st January 2017 - Review of the Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I hope 2017 is a good year for you all!

Welcome to our first challenge of 2017!

Today we challenge you to ...
 Review the Year - instead of looking forward to the new year ahead, I want you to look back at the year you have just had! It could be a review of the whole year, something special that happened or your favourite thing about the year, or maybe it's one you would rather forget! it's up to you!

Jinny
I may not want to forget everything about 2016, but it truly was a difficult year for my family and I.  The downs far outweighed the ups; and at times, I found it nearly impossible to keep my head above water.  No one ever said life was easy, but I truly am reaching for that life preserver as we move into 2017.  That's what I've chosen to document, using lots of yummy goodies from past and present Citrus Twist kits, for today's challenge.

Rachel
2016 was a year of challenges for our family but a highlight was a trip to Italy, my husband and I celebrating 15 years of marriage and his 60th birthday. A very special time for us, child free!!!


Raechelle
2016 brought with it the good, the bad, and the ugly. We had a lot of change, a lot of emotional hardships, and several major medical hurdles for our daughter, Ashlyn. I opted to create a layout about one of the only major medical events we had some control over, Ashlyn's spinal fusion surgery. We have been sitting on this surgery for several years, in fact she was supposed to have it in December of 2015, but minutes before she was scheduled to go back to the OR, it was cancelled. We have been carrying the weight of this for a long time and it had essentially put many things on hold as we awaited the go-ahead to attempt the surgery again. Thankfully it is behind us now, although she still has months of recovery ahead of her.
Tracy
2016 was a good year for us!  I am truly blessed with a loving and growing family.  For my "Review of the Year" layout I wanted to show off my children and document an important highlight in each of their lives.  Like I said, it's been a good year and I'm hoping for the same in 2017.  Happy New Year to all!


Vivian
After two years of planning and saving, we got to go on our big trip to Germany in 2016. I have many pictures that contribute to the story, but this one says it all as my husband and son are looking out over the Alps.


How was the last year for you? We hope you see you joining in with us. Please link up your finished layouts to the side bar under 'January's Challenges'.
Happy Scrapping!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! This challenge is also a great therapy! :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!